Monday, January 17, 2011

Lost & Foundish: College Animation in 2003

This animation, "The Breakup" was done for my first animation production class back in 2003 with Barry Young.  Since it was all shot on film and there was no easy way to preview the animation paired up with the audio, I didn't have any idea how it'd look or work until the day before the end of class.  I think it still retains some charm, but like much of my animation at the time I'm not really sure where I was going with it.
I can't even remember the name of the old-timey analog device they had us record the audio on, but I remember there was a phone jack in it (in case you wanted to tap someone's phone?  Maybe?) so I just plugged in my house phone & called my roommate's cell to record the audio for this project.  I can't remember how I came up with the sound that the eye makes just before it pops out.

1 comment:

Kevin Mcleod said...

I liked it. I would put it up there with Bill Plymtons Face short. It came out a hell of a lot better then mine. the last ten seconds of mine the film went all white.