Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lost & Foundish: Concept Work for The Morning Benders

click to enlarge


I did this concept frame back in 2008 around the time I finished up the 88-Keys video for a group called The Morning Benders.  I was introduced to them via 88-Keys, who was a big fan and wanted us to work together.  Long story short -- I got the track, we passed a few emails back and forth,  I came up with a few pitch ideas and they never got back to me.  Ah well.  There are more frames and such I'd like to share but I think they could be used again in the future so I'll hold off for the time being.

They ended up getting pretty popular last year with their single Excuses.  Incidentally when I was writing this blog and looking at their site, I saw the video they decided to go with instead of my treatment.  Here it is!


The Morning Benders - "All Day Day Light" from Jack Ferry on Vimeo.


If only I had thought to dress them all aggressively hipster and then splash ugly randomly-colored text over the footage!  DAMMIT.  Real stupid, Mark!

No comments: