Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Project: Oddisee Music Video

I'm officially directing a new music video for a song featuring the UK artist Tranqill produced by one of my favorites, oddisee. It's for a track off of oddisee's last seasonal EP and won't be a hip-hop video in the typical sense. It'll be more or less (as my good friend Skylar put it) an animated version of something you might find in an Ezra Jack Keats book. Here's a couple of collages that I put together that will get the animated treatment:



... mmmm bleak!

Speaking of not-so-typical hip-hop videos, if you know me then you know I really enjoy Ghostface Killah of the Wu Tang Clan. A lot. I don't really know what I'd ever do if I met the man face-to-face (probably go buy a new pair of pants), but here's a classic from his 1999 album Supreme Clientele. Who else can eat an ice cream cone like that and still retain his... swagger?


No comments: